Dear housewives, if you think to make a delicious rice at home then I think all you have keep in mind some rice tips here.
Some of the steps in cooking rice are common in most cases. Hence, to avoid monotony, here I give the tips once and for all.
Rice has first to be picked clean. With fine Basmati grain, coming packaged, this can be given a miss, but mos raw rice has to be first cleaned of dirt particles (sometimes, even small stones) and then washed well. Change the water in which you are washing the rice, at least thrice. Drain off the water well. In case of fried rice, this must be even more so.
Rice kept soaked in water for sometime, cooks faster and does not increase in volume, but this is not compulsory. It can however, soak while you get the other ingredients together, soak while you get the other ingredients together; chopping vegetable, for instance. The water level in the soak should not be over an inch, unless specified otherwise.
A abstract of haladi or turmeric powder mixed in a little milk, added to the rice, gives it a nice yellow color. In fact, it can work as a substitute for the more expensive saffron (also to be mixed with a hit of milk). Saffron, of course, gives a unique flavor to the dish besides that subtle yellow-orange color. Just do it when you plant to cook rice. There are many tips on rice we will see in some other day...bye!!
More Delicious Servings :
01. My Kitchen : Dum Aloo (1st Serv)
02. My Kitchen : Baingan Masala (2nd Serv)
03. My Kitchen : Vej Karela (3rd Serv)
04. My Kitchen : Gobhi (Cabbage) & Kaju Vej (4th Serv)
05. My Kitchen : Carrot Salad (5th Serv)
06. My Kitchen : Spinach (Palak) & Saag (6th Serv)
07. My Kitchen : Dahi & Pudina ki Chatny (7th Serv)
08. My Kitchen : Hara Dhaniya (Coriander) ki Chatny (8th Serv)
09. My Kitchen : Simple Chiken Curry (9th Serv)
10. My Kitchen : Caramel Custard (10th Serv)
11. My Kitchen : Aloo Pizza (11th Serv)
12. My Kitchen : Fried Fish - Masala (12th Serv)
13. My Kitchen : Meat Curry (13th Serv)
14. My Kitchen : Veg Shelgma (14th Serv)
15. My Kitchen : Spinach Raita (15th Serv)
16. My Kitchen : Punjabi Choley (16th Serv)
17. My Kitchen : Mango Mousse (17th Serv)
18. Sukadi : The Nutritious Food you never forget! (18th Serv)
19. Breakfast : The Good Habit for everyone!
20. Bohri’s Delicious Servings: Sheer Khurma (19th Serv)
21. Bohri’s Paya (20th Serv)
22. Breakfast : The Belly Rules the Mind
23. Shrimp Stuffed Papaya (21st Serv)
24. Hakka Noodles: A Nutritious Recipe (22nd Serv)
25. Mixed Vegetable Soup (24th Serv)
26. Kolhapur Special Misal Pav : Spicy Curry With Bread (25th Serv)
27. Salad Wrap (26th Serv)
28. Omelette with Sprouts and sev (27th Serv)
29. Chicken Curry (28th Serv) : Sunday Special Night
30. How To Make Crab Curry? (29th Serv)