Friends, just take a look at this receipe. Wheat is sweet and cooling and pacifies vata and pitta doshas. It strengthens all seven dhatus i.e. body tissues. Roasted wheat flour is especially effective for strengthening the bones and joints. Jaggery adds to the above qualities of wheat. The ghee provides lubrication in the body and nourishes all dhatus. Nutmeg pacifies kapha; hence this dish is well balanced for all constitutions.
Sukadi is quick and easy to prepare. It is very nourishing and light to digest. So, it is recommended for all, especially for growing kids, and you can have it in all seasons.
How to do? (Preparation and cooking time – approximately 45 minutes):
1. Wheat flour – 200 gms
2. Jaggery – 200 gms., crushed well, or grated.
3. Ghee – 200 gms
4. Nutmeg powder – 1 gm
5. Acacia gum powder – 10 gms.
1. Heat the ghee in a thick bottomed pan or pot; add wheat flour and roast, string continuously. Take care not to burn the flour, till it gives a nice aroma.
2. Add the gum powder and stir. When all the gum is puffed. (about 2 minutes), add nutmeg powder and remove the pot from the gas.
3. Add the grated Jaggery and mix well.
4. Pour the mixture onto a greased plate or tray and spread evenly. Cut into pieces of about 2.5 x 2.5 cm size.
5. After the Sukadi has cooled down completely, take out and store in an air tight container.
Almonds, cashew nuts and pistachio pieces can be added according to the taste. It is good to use ghee prepared according to the traditional method.
More Delicious Servings :
01. My Kitchen : Dum Aloo (1st Serv)
02. My Kitchen : Baingan Masala (2nd Serv)
03. My Kitchen : Vej Karela (3rd Serv)
04. My Kitchen : Gobhi (Cabbage) & Kaju Vej (4th Serv)
05. My Kitchen : Carrot Salad (5th Serv)
06. My Kitchen : Spinach (Palak) & Saag (6th Serv)
07. My Kitchen : Dahi & Pudina ki Chatny (7th Serv)
08. My Kitchen : Hara Dhaniya (Coriander) ki Chatny (8th Serv)
09. My Kitchen : Simple Chiken Curry (9th Serv)
10. My Kitchen : Caramel Custard (10th Serv)
11. My Kitchen : Aloo Pizza (11th Serv)
12. My Kitchen : Fried Fish - Masala (12th Serv)
13. My Kitchen : Meat Curry (13th Serv)
14. My Kitchen : Veg Shelgma (14th Serv)
15. My Kitchen : Spinach Raita (15th Serv)
16. My Kitchen : Punjabi Choley (16th Serv)
17. My Kitchen : Mango Mousse (17th Serv)