Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Kitchen : Punjabi Choley (16th Serv)

Friends,

Presenting herewith 1st recipe in the category of PUNJABI DISHES. I think all of you would like it!!

Things Required: (for 3/5 servings)

1. 2 cups of Kabuli Chana
2. 2 to 3 Green Chilies
3. 4 CMS of Ginger
4. 5 Medium Onions
5. 5 Medium Tomatoes
6. 3/4 Limes
7. 2 tsp of Salt
8. 1/2 Carbonate of Bicarbonate Soda
9. 2tbsp of Oil
10. 2tsp Cummin Powder
11. 2 tsp of Coriander Powder
12. 1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder
13. 1/2 tsp of Chili Powder (Red)
14. 2tsp of Garam Masala

Garnish:

A small bunch of fresh Coriander Leaves.

How to do it? (Preparation):

Wash the Chana and soak in water for several hours, preferably overnight. Peel and wash the Ginger and dice fine. Chop the onions fine. Wash and chop the tomatoes. Wash the limes and squeeze out the juice 3-4 tbsp. Wash and chop the coriander leaves.

Method:

Put the Ginger, Green Chills, Lime Juice, 2 tbsp of chopped Onion and 1/2 tsp of salt in a small bowl, mix well and reserve.

Drain the Chana wash again and put into the pressure cooker with bicarbonate of soda, if used and fresh water to cover 1-2 cm cool till the Chana is tender. When it's cooked take out a cupful of Chana and mash with a fork or potato masher.

Return to pan and stir into the gravy to thicken it. Heat the oil in a large heavy-bottomed pan, burning if it if using mustered oil. Add the remaining onions and fry on medium to high heat till beginning to turn golden.

Add the spice powders expect the Garam Masala and stir well to mix. Stir in the tomatoes, lower the heat cover and cook for a couple of minutes. Till they give up their juice. Raise the heat and stir- fry for another few minutes till nearly dry.

Add the Tomato Masala to the Chana together with Garam Masala and the remaining salt. Bring back to the boil, cover reduce the heat to low, and similar for 10-15 minutes and simmer for 10- 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, check that it is of right consistency, neither to dry nor to watery. Stir in the reserved Onion mixture and serve hot garnished with the coriander leaves.

So, now it is your turn .... waiting for your delicious remarks!

Top 3 Questions and Answers on Special Tips to make delicious "Punjabi Choley Recipe"

1. How can I make my Punjabi Choley recipe extra flavorful?
Answer: To enhance the flavor of your Punjabi Choley, be sure to roast the spices before adding them, use fresh ginger and garlic, and simmer the chickpeas in a rich tomato-based gravy.

2. What's the secret to achieving the perfect texture for Punjabi Choley?
Answer: Achieve the ideal texture by soaking chickpeas overnight, cooking them until they are tender but not mushy, and allowing them to absorb the flavors of the spices and gravy during a slow simmer.

3. How can I make my Punjabi Choley stand out with a unique twist?
Answer: Add a twist to your Punjabi Choley by incorporating amchoor (dried mango powder) for a tangy kick, or garnish with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lemon juice to brighten the flavors and make it truly delicious.

More Delicious Servings:
01. My Kitchen : Dum Aloo (1st Serv)
02. My Kitchen : Baingan Masala (2nd Serv)
03. My Kitchen : Vej Karela (3rd Serv)
04. My Kitchen : Gobhi (Cabbage) & Kaju Vej (4th Serv)
05. My Kitchen : Carrot Salad (5th Serv)
06. My Kitchen : Spinach (Palak) & Saag (6th Serv)
07. My Kitchen : Dahi & Pudina ki Chatny (7th Serv)
08. My Kitchen : Hara Dhaniya (Coriander) ki Chatny (8th Serv)
09. My Kitchen : Simple Chiken Curry (9th Serv)
10. My Kitchen : Caramel Custard (10th Serv)
11. My Kitchen : Aloo Pizza (11th Serv)
12. My Kitchen : Fried Fish - Masala (12th Serv)
13. My Kitchen : Meat Curry (13th Serv)
14. My Kitchen : Veg Shelgma (14th Serv)
15. My Kitchen : Spinach Raita (15th Serv)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is nice and spicy. I can try that today at my home.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
love the pudding friend. Can you help me cook it? Nyum2...