My dear housewives, it is my first time that I have tried out the Chinese Recipe. And I did it. Just take a look of it. I am sure, it will gets a taste for you.
This Indianized version of Hakka Noodles is very tasty and easy to prepare. Carrots and bottles gourd adds to the nourishing value to the dish. Spices add to the taste as well as make the dish easy to digest. These noodles are generally suitable to every constitution. This dish is all time favorite of the kids. It can be served as a full meal of can be eaten as a snack.
Preparation Time: Approx. 1 hr.
Servings: 2-3 people
Hakka Noodles – 200 Gms
Carrots – 150 Gms
Bottle gourd (dudhi) – 150 Gms
Aubergine – 150 Gms
Spring Onion – 50 Gms
Tomatoes – 200 Gms
Red Chilli Flakes – 2 Gms
Black Pepper Powder – 2 Gms
Asafoetida – 12 Gms
Salt – 12 Gms
Cumin – 2 Gms.
Ghee – 40 Gms
Water – 25 ml
Green Chillies – 2 nos.
Powder Sugar – 2 tsp
White Vinegar – 2 tsp
• Add the tomatoes in the boiling water for 3-4 min., remove the skin and cut into long pieces.
• Clean, wash and chop the onion. Peel and cut the carrots and bottle gourd into thin long pieces.
• Cut the aubergines into thin long pieces.
• Take about 400 ml water in a pot and add a little salt. When water starts boiling add the noodles and cook according to the instructions on the packet (about 15 min.) When the noodles are cooked strain the noodles.
• Heat the oil in a skillet and add the cumin seeds. When the cumin stops popping, add asafoetida, black pepper and chilli flakes and roast a little. Add the vegetables and salt and allow them to cook on a low flame.
• When the vegetables are almost cooked, add the tomatoes and cook for a little time.
• Mix the noodles and the vegetable preparation just before serving and serve hot.
• One can serve the sauce according to the taste on the noodles.
• Chop the green chillies very finely.
• Mix all the ingredient of sauce together to make home made chilli sauce.
As far as possible, it is good to use ingredients, which are grown organically. One can refrigerate the remaining chilli sauce, for a few days, in a glass bottle.
More Delicious Servings :
01. My Kitchen : Dum Aloo (1st Serv)
02. My Kitchen : Baingan Masala (2nd Serv)
03. My Kitchen : Vej Karela (3rd Serv)
04. My Kitchen : Gobhi (Cabbage) & Kaju Vej (4th Serv)
05. My Kitchen : Carrot Salad (5th Serv)
06. My Kitchen : Spinach (Palak) & Saag (6th Serv)
07. My Kitchen : Dahi & Pudina ki Chatny (7th Serv)
08. My Kitchen : Hara Dhaniya (Coriander) ki Chatny (8th Serv)
09. My Kitchen : Simple Chiken Curry (9th Serv)
10. My Kitchen : Caramel Custard (10th Serv)
11. My Kitchen : Aloo Pizza (11th Serv)
12. My Kitchen : Fried Fish - Masala (12th Serv)
13. My Kitchen : Meat Curry (13th Serv)
14. My Kitchen : Veg Shelgma (14th Serv)
15. My Kitchen : Spinach Raita (15th Serv)
16. My Kitchen : Punjabi Choley (16th Serv)
17. My Kitchen : Mango Mousse (17th Serv)
18. Sukadi : The Nutritious Food you never forget! (18th Serv)
19. Breakfast : The Good Habit for everyone!
20. Bohri’s Delicious Servings: Sheer Khurma (19th Serv)
21. Bohri’s Paya (20th Serv)
22. Breakfast : The Belly Rules the Mind
23. Shrimp Stuffed Papaya (21st Serv)