Mango, often called the king of fruits, has great health benefits. A known anti-oxidant, it contains phenolic compounds, it has healing capacities and can prevent cancer. A regular intake of the fruit is beneficial for pregnant women and people with anemia. It is also a rich source of tryptophan, the precursor of the “happiness-hormone” serotonin.
Mangoes, say doctors, are perfect to replenish salts, vitamins and energy after a workout. Rich in enzymes, such as magneferin, katechol oxidase and lactase, mango helps in digestion and cleaning the bowel. And good digestion in turn helps in relieving clogged pores of the skin.
It is a rich source of Vitamin B, E, potassium and selenium which help to protect against heart disease and other ailments.
You can have mangoes in pickle, chutney, sorbet or raw; as breakfast, dessert or any time of the day. Here is an easy-to-make recipe of mango that will make your mouth water.
Things Required (for 6 to 8 servings)
1. Ripe mangoes, about 2 kg
2. ½ cup lime juice
3. ½ cup granulates sugar
4. 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
5. 2 egg whites
6. ½ cup heavy cream
01. Peel the mangoes, cut the flesh off the seeds, and puree in an electric blender with lime juice. Be careful not to over-blend.
02. There will be 5 cups of puree. Stir in the sugar.
03. Dissolve the gelatin in ¼ cup hot water, cool, and stir into the mango puree. Beat the egg whites with the salt until they stand in peaks.
04. Whip the cream until it is stiff. Fold the cream into the egg whites, and then fold this mixture gently (with a light hand) into the mango puree.
05. Pour into a large serving dish, or into individual dishes; then refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours, or until set.
More Delicious Servings :
01. My Kitchen : Dum Aloo (1st Serv)
02. My Kitchen : Baingan Masala (2nd Serv)
03. My Kitchen : Vej Karela (3rd Serv)
04. My Kitchen : Gobhi (Cabbage) & Kaju Vej (4th Serv)
05. My Kitchen : Carrot Salad (5th Serv)
06. My Kitchen : Spinach (Palak) & Saag (6th Serv)
07. My Kitchen : Dahi & Pudina ki Chatny (7th Serv)
08. My Kitchen : Hara Dhaniya (Coriander) ki Chatny (8th Serv)
09. My Kitchen : Simple Chiken Curry (9th Serv)
10. My Kitchen : Caramel Custard (10th Serv)
11. My Kitchen : Aloo Pizza (11th Serv)
12. My Kitchen : Fried Fish - Masala (12th Serv)
13. My Kitchen : Meat Curry (13th Serv)
14. My Kitchen : Veg Shelgma (14th Serv)
15. My Kitchen : Spinach Raita (15th Serv)
16. My Kitchen : Punjabi Choley (16th Serv)