Things Required:(For 4/5 servings)
1. 1/2 kg spinach
2. 1 onion.
3. 2 to 3 dried red chillies
4. 1 cup curd
5. 2 to 3 green chillies
6. 8 to 10 fresh curry leaves
7. 1 tbsp oil
8. 1 tsp cummin seeds
9. 1 tsp urad dal 1/2 salt
How to do? (Preparation):
Wash, drain and chop the spinach. chop onion fine. wash the green chillies and chop fine. Break the red chillies into 2 to 3 pieces. Beat the curd till smooth & blended. Wash the curry leaves and strip them off stem.
Heat the oil, burning it if using mustered oil. throw in the red chilli and fry till it turns black. Add the cummin seeds and urad dal. As soon as the dal reddish put it in the onion and green chillies, and stir fry till onions turns goldens.Lower the heat, add the curry leaves and put in the onions turns golden.
Lower the heat, add the curry leaves and put in the spinach which will immediately start to wilt and reduce in bulk as it releases its moisture. stir cover and cook on low heat till the spinch is tender.
Sprinkle in the salt, turn up the heat and cook stirring till the the excess water evaporates. Let it cool then stir in the curd. serve chilled or at room temperature.
More Delicious Servings :
01. My Kitchen : Dum Aloo (1st Serv)
02. My Kitchen : Baingan Masala (2nd Serv)
03. My Kitchen : Vej Karela (3rd Serv)
04. My Kitchen : Gobhi (Cabbage) & Kaju Vej (4th Serv)
05. My Kitchen : Carrot Salad (5th Serv)
06. My Kitchen : Spinach (Palak) & Saag (6th Serv)
07. My Kitchen : Dahi & Pudina ki Chatny (7th Serv)
08. My Kitchen : Hara Dhaniya (Coriander) ki Chatny (8th Serv)
09. My Kitchen : Simple Chiken Curry (9th Serv)
10. My Kitchen : Caramel Custard (10th Serv)
11. My Kitchen : Aloo Pizza (11th Serv)
12. My Kitchen : Fried Fish - Masala (12th Serv)
13. My Kitchen : Meat Curry (13th Serv)
14. My Kitchen : Veg Shelgma (14th Serv)